Improve the Informed Consent Process
In the previous informed consent process, subjects were presented with a multi-page paper form that outlined the procedures and risks that they will be subjected to if they choose to participate in the study. The overall goal of this is that the subject makes an informed decision as to their participation and that the hospital remains compliant with regulations as they pertain to consent.
Create an application to improve this process by offering a new way to engage the subject in the consent process.
The overall goal of Enlighten was to improve the consent process, ensuring that that the subject made an informed decision regarding their participation and that the hospital remained compliant with regulations as they pertained to consent.
- Interactive avatars were used to make the process more engaging and interactive
- Videos and games helped appeal to multiple learning styles
- Content was presented in smaller sections in tandem with audio to make the consent easier to understand and to reach a broader audience
- Questions were posed to the user to ensure comprehension
- Digital signatures/initials were captured and included in a signed consent form that will then be emailed to the subject